This template is intended to be used as a general guide and should not be used alone without being adapted to suit the specific needs of your company and comply with the laws and regulations for fire safety. You must consult with a fire safety expert to review and update the procedure and make sure it covers all the necessary aspects and is compliant with the current regulations.
Company Name: ____________ Emergency Fire Procedure
(Company name) is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for all employees, visitors, and contractors. In the event of a fire emergency, it is essential that our employees know what to do to protect themselves and others and minimise damage to our property. This emergency fire procedure has been developed to ensure that our employees know how to respond in the event of a fire.
- If a fire is discovered, activate the nearest fire alarm and call the fire department immediately by dialling 999 or 112.
- Evacuate the building immediately via the nearest available exit, leaving your work and belongings behind. Do not use elevators.
- Once outside, proceed to the designated assembly point, which is located _____________.
- Do not re-enter the building until instructed to do so by the fire rescue services or a company representative.
- If you are unable to evacuate the building, close the door to the room you are in and stuff the gaps around the door with cloth or any available material. Use wet towels or cloth to cover your mouth and nose to reduce smoke inhalation.
- If you are trapped and unable to evacuate, call for help and open the window if possible to signal for help.
- For people with disabilities or other special needs, ensure that they are assisted to evacuate the building.
- In case of evacuation, the main switch of the main electricity and gas supply must be turned off before leaving the building
- All employees must familiarise themselves with the location of the fire exits, fire alarms, and fire-fighting equipment.
- All employees must attend a fire drill at least once a year to practice the evacuation procedures.
- This procedure must be reviewed regularly, and any necessary changes will be made.
The safety of our employees, visitors, and contractors is our top priority. By following this emergency fire procedure, we can minimise the risk of injury and damage to our property in the event of a fire emergency. It’s important that all employees are familiar with this procedure and understand what to do in case of a fire.
This emergency fire procedure will be communicated to all employees, visitors and contractors. All employees are responsible for familiarising themselves with this procedure and for implementing its provisions in case of an emergency. This procedure will be reviewed annually and updated as necessary to ensure that it remains current and effective. Additionally, regular fire drills will be conducted to ensure that employees are prepared to respond in case of a fire.
Approved by: (Company Director/ Management)